Published on June 3, 2015
As a career professional, can you imagine a world without LinkedIn? It would be like trying to function without a pencil in a one-room schoolhouse. Ridiculous.
LinkedIn has essentially replaced the need for business cards, since you can basically use it as a modern day Rolodex. #Connections.
Furthermore, if you’ve ever looked for a job, hired people, or simply wanted to showcase your savvy skills so that others (maybe recruiters, perhaps former love interests) can continually watch you rise to super star status you’ve certainly benefitted from it. #Compete
More recently, particularly for those of us who love to hear ourselves speak, the LinkedIn publishing platform is usurping established digital incumbents as a viable channel for sharing news, thoughts, and anything in between (minus the annoying cat photos and celebrity rants). #Content
Because I’m a HUGE fan on LinkedIn, not only as a utility for my every day professional life, but also as a company, I was thrilled to sit down with a few of my favorite “LinkedIn Ladies” (Sarah Clatterbuck, Erica Lockheimer, and Kenly Walker) to talk PR, tech, and how they are generally making the world a better place.
Here are a few highlights from the interview, which I highly recommend you listen to below.
1. Hear about some of the exciting #WomenInTech initiatives going on at the company including World Pitch on June 24th and 25th.
2. What recent acquisition will enable learning? According to Forbes it may have been the best acquisition money could buy.
3. Umm, this one’s really important: learn how to make your profile “Anonymous” so people can’t see you’re stalking them. It’s a little hidden, so it’s not you!
4. Did you know…Journalists actually often do preliminary research on LinkedIn, and CEOs appreciate that journalists do their “due diligence” and are often more willing to chat.
5. Sarah Clatterbuck (Director of Web Development) tells us how to best use LinkedIn as a recruiting tool.
6. Kenly Walker (PR) gives tips on using LinkedIn as an “owned media channel” for company news.
7. Learn about the modernized Girl Scouts and what they’re doing with STEM: “from cookies to computer science.” It’s not your mom’s Girl Scouts!
8. Want to know what a “Happy Path” is? Erica Lockheimer (Director of Engineering Growth) tells all.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg…there’s so so soooo much more…
Be sure to check out the full interview and give yourself a few more reasons to HEART the world’s leading business-oriented social networking service.